Our Mission Statement
- Enroll, educate, graduate, place
- Owner of 7 La’James International Colleges
- 40 Years of Experience
- Past Experience: AACS Director, Iowa Coordinating Council, CEA Chair, Past president of Iowa Assoc. of Cosmetology Schools
- Iowa Business’s Education Person of 2007
- Small Business Woman of the Year 2004
- Pivot Point Advisory Board
- Industry Leader: Dynamic Facilities, Global Education for students, Health & Beauty Management Associate Degree exclusively at LJIC
- NACCAS Commissioner 2009
About our Company:
La’ James International College History
La’ James International College has been educating students for over 75 years. The belief in our mission statement, To Enroll, Educate, Graduate and Place, along with Cynthia Becher’s dedication to the beauty industry, has led La’ James International to become a world-renowned educational institution. With seven schools, across three states, (Fort Dodge, Des Moines, Cedar Falls, Iowa City, Davenport, East Moline, IL and Fremont, NE) La’ James International College offers programs in Cosmetology, Cosmetology/A.A.S Degree, Massage Therapy, Esthetics, Massage Therapy/Esthetics/A.A.S Degree, and Nail Technology.
The quest for educational excellence began in 1972 when La’ James International became an accredited college. Over the next few years, La’James International College flourished adding five more locations. In 2004, an additional location was added in Fremont, NE. With seven locations under the same ownership, the standard of excellence and consistency in successful graduates continued.
La’ James International College has remained a premier educational system due to the constant drive to have the most thorough curriculum for all disciplines, including spa training for cosmetologists, microdermabrasion for estheticians and hot stone massage for massage therapists. Our top-notch facilities allow students to gain experience working in a salon setting and a true day spa. Clientele development and other business skills are taught in all of our disciplines.
In 2002 Global Learning began at La’James International College. Students have the opportunity to travel within the United States to New York or San Francisco and internationally to destinations such as Montreal, Australia, Rome, London, Paris, Germany and Mexico. The principle of Global Learning hinges on opening the eyes of students to all the advantages available to them in the beauty industry and provides networking capabilities, cultural exposure and education from national/international educators across the world.
Using a thorough curriculum, incorporating the most recent technology into the classroom, with hands-on application ensures the student is prepared to survive in a service business, which has always been a priority of La’ James International College. Beginning in 2007, cosmetology students were able to secure a two-year A.A.S degree in Health and Beauty Management in ONE year, an exclusive opportunity only available at La’ James International College. This opportunity is also now available to students dually enrolled in Massage Therapy and Esthetics. In the near future, Massage Therapy students will also have the opportunity to secure a Chiropractic Assistant Degree.
La’ James International College looks forward to upholding this standard of excellence for years to come!
- Hair Odyssey, Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Ultrasource Salon, Mesa, Arizona
- National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences (NACCAS)
NACCAS is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a national accrediting agency for postsecondary schools and programs of cosmetology, arts and sciences, electrology, and massage.
- American Association of Cosmetology, AACS
- Cosmetology Educators of America, CEA
- Iowa Cosmetology Schools Association, ICSA
- Iowa Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, IASFAA
- Chamber of Commerce
Licensed or Approved by
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- State of Nebraska Credentialing Department
- Department of Public Instruction for Veterans Assistance and Training
- Vocational Rehabilitation
Product Company Affiliations